Damien Brown has secured a place on Rizin’s star-studded New Year’s Eve event at the infamous Saitama Super Arena.
“Beatdown” will face another former UFC lightweight veteran in Daron Cruickshank at Rizin 14 on December 31.
Brown (17-12) lost two close split decisions against Dong Hyun Kim and Frank Camacho before being released by the UFC earlier this year. In his Rizin debut, Brown, 33, eagerly looks to break his three-fight skid against a staple Rizin competitor.
I told you guys I had something big…
No backward steps in this hectic journey. NYE I’m bringing the fireworks to Saitama Super Arena.
— Damien Brown (@beatdown155) 29 พฤศจิกายน 2561
After being released from the UFC, “The Detroit Superstar” has gone 6-2 with the Japanese promotion. Cruickshank (22-1) is current on a four-fight win streak with all victories coming via stoppage. In his last bout, Cruickshank knocked out former UFC fighter Diego Brandao with a flying knee.
In Rizin 14’s main event, undefeated boxing champion Floyd Mayweather Jr. is set to take on highly-touted kickboxing prospect Tenshion Nasukawa in an exhibition boxing match.
Announced today, the Rizin 14 lineup is as follows:
- Floyd Mayweather Jr. vs. Tenshin Nasukawa (exhibition boxing bout)
- Darrion Caldwell vs. Kyoji Horiguchi (bantamweight title)
- Ayaka Hamasaki vs. Kanna Asakura
- Ulka Sasaki vs. Manel Kape
- Yusuke Yachi vs. Johnny Case
- Rena Kubota vs. Samantha Jean-Francois
- Yuki Motoya vs. Justin Scoggins
- Kazuyuki Miyata vs. Erson Yamamoto
- Nobumitsu Tyson vs. Tofiq Musayev
- Daron Cruickshank vs. Damien Brown
- Shinju Nozawa Auclair vs. Justyna Haba
- Jiri Prochazka vs. Emanuel Newton